Investing in real estate can be an excellent way to increase your wealth. An investment in real estate can be exciting because it is tangible, extremely durable, and is a generally stable asset class that appreciates long-term. As American financier Russell Sage stated, “Real estate is an imperishable asset, ever-increasing in value. It is the most solid security that human ingenuity has devised.” Of course, every investment comes with risks. Real estate can be fluid at times and like other investments, it can’t be entered-into blindly nor treated casually.
Pros of Real Estate Investing
An investment in real estate comes with these pros:
- You can use other people’s money to buy real estate by borrowing or financing the investment to acquire a property at a fraction of its total cost.
- Real estate values generally appreciate and depending on the type and location of the real estate, the value can appreciate much faster than other types of investments.
- Tax benefits. There is a long list of deductions that can be beneficial to an investor.
- Cash flow. A real estate investment can generate passive income.
- Inflation buster. Property owners benefit from inflation by reaping property value increases while inflation eats away at debt.
Good Investment Opportunities in Up and Down Markets
Real estate investors can find good opportunities in both up and down markets. That involves looking at the type(s) of properties to invest in, having a defined budget, developing solid investment goals, and a deliberate timetable. It also involves getting thorough information on the property, looking at the value of the location, and knowing all the costs involved in property acquisition.
Quick Service Restaurant Investment—Attractive ROI?
The COVID-19 pandemic has clearly changed many aspects of virtually everyone’s lives, including dining out. Yet, many quick-service restaurants (QSRs) have been able to attract customers and build a business with their effective offering of drive-thru service because of their perceived safety and ready accessibility. Quick service sector performance has recently attracted a surge in investor interest for high-performing QSRs. And restaurants that haven’t been traditionally drive-thru oriented are pivoting to provide new designs and technologies to capture customer interest. Shake Shack is one of these. Other long-term drive-thru brands like Taco Bell, Burger King, and KFC are exploring modified concepts offering double and triple drive-thru lanes.
Almost every restaurant concept is benefitting from delivery and mobile pick-up. Despite the pandemic, people will continue to dine out.
Why Investing in Real Estate in Charleston, SC, Makes Sense
Charleston is simply a great place to live, work, and visit. It has been highly ranked as one of the best places to live and retire in America, as well as one of the fastest-growing areas of the country. It offers a great blend of southern charm and modern amenities, great places to work, and great places to play.
An investment in Charleston makes sense because:
- Charleston investment properties have demonstrated good profit results.
- Properties in the Low Country are expected to continue appreciating in value.
- Charleston continues to have a strong economy.
- Because of continued population growth, Charleston continues to project a high demand for real estate.
Seek Expert Real Estate Services to Find Your Perfect Location
Caldwell Commercial Real Estate is your trusted partner for Charleston commercial real estate. We know that every great business needs a great facility. Trust our deeply experienced realtors and property managers to meet your commercial real estate needs with results and superior satisfaction.