There’s no doubt, Charleston, S.C., is an attractive area to live, and it’s equally attractive to businesses.
James Taylor may have been dreaming about Charleston when he wrote the words, “In my mind I’m gone to Carolina. Can’t you see the sunshine? Can’t you just feel the moonshine? Ain’t it just like a friend of mine …?”
Charleston commercial real-estate development has that same warm, attractive air.
Why Is the Charleston Area Attractive to Businesses?
The No. 1 reason for Charleston’s commercial real-estate growth is its continued population growth, rated in one study as the second-most-popular moving destination in the United States. Other reasons:
- Job growth has continued to be solid for Charleston, and jobs are predicted to continue to grow at a higher rate than the U.S. average. Further, the job market is diversified, featuring tourism, education, military and technology.
- The area’s unemployment rate is below the national average.
- It offers a strong shipping industry, with one of the largest ports in the United States.
- Significant international manufacturing investment is found here.
- The state is one of the top 10 in the U.S. for best real-estate taxes.
Fastest-Growing Commercial Areas Near Charleston, S.C.
Charleston commercial real-estate growth opportunities abound.
Named one of America’s best cities, the Mt. Pleasant area is a short drive east of Charleston. It offers many attractive features, including:
- Beaches along the eastern side of the city.
- Patriots Point naval historical site and location of the USS Yorktown memorial warship.
- The Avian Conservation Center.
- Palmetto Islands County Park.
- Boone Hall Plantation.
Adjacent to all the amenities of Charleston, this area includes access to:
- Great beaches.
- Great food.
- History and architecture.
This smaller city offers great neighborhoods to the west and south of Charleston. Its attractive commercial districts offer support to the aeronautics, logistics and defense industries. Hanahan has great proximity to rail and major roadways, making it a prime area for cargo warehousing.
Seek Expert Real-Estate Services to Find Your Perfect Location
Caldwell Commercial Real Estate is your trusted partner for Charleston commercial real estate.
We know that every great business needs a great facility. Trust our deeply experienced realtors and property managers to meet your commercial real-estate needs with results and superior satisfaction.