Let’s face it. Americans are quite mobile. It is estimated that on average, Americans move once every 5 years, or about 11 times in a lifetime. That makes this humorous statement by creative entrepreneur Rachel Wolchin quite sensible: “If we were meant to stay in one place, we’d have roots instead of feet.” Yet, moving can be quite stressful, in fact, it is reportedly one of the most stressful events in a person’s life. It can also be a great adventure, full of promise and new opportunities. For many thinking about moving, Charleston is a popular choice.
Charleston Ranks as No. 1 Moving Location in the U.S.
According to recent data provided by Realtor.com, Charleston ranks No. 1 as the top moving destination in the U.S. In addition, in a study by U.S. News, Charleston received high scores for desirability, value, job market, quality of life and net migration. A Charleston moving location is obviously highly ranked, but specific features that the city offers make Charleston a truly desirable place to live.
Why is Charleston a Great Place to Live?
Charleston appeals to the beach lovers, history buffs, to food and hospitality lovers and to romantics alike. There is much to offer here:
- Natural beauty abounds. Charleston has great beaches, parks and rivers to enjoy, with plenty of water sports.
- Friendly and welcoming southern hospitality.
- Lots of incredible food, including seafood and southern favorites.
- Great universities.
- A thriving economy, offering low unemployment and plenty of jobs in a great cross-section of industries.
- Low property taxes, with a tax rate less than half the national average.
- Low state income tax.
- Beautiful weather, especially compared to the Northeast and Midwest, and mild winters.
- An excellent city transportation system.
- Crime rates below the national average.
- A strong and stable housing market, offering many attractive neighborhoods.
It’s no wonder a Charleston moving location is a popular choice.
Seek Expert Real Estate Services in Charleston
Every great business needs a great facility. Caldwell Commercial Real Estate Services is your trusted partner for Commercial Real Estate in Charleston, SC. Our commercial realtors and property managers have a combined 80 years of experience so you can rest easily knowing your commercial real estate needs will be met with superior satisfaction.